Anthony J. Pullara is an experienced advocate for individuals under investigation, charged or convicted of a criminal offense.
Mr. Pullara was a partner at the Santa Monica firm of Rodriguez & Pullara prior to establishing the Law Offices of Anthony J. Pullara in 2005.
Mr. Pullara has unique experience in the area of representing immigrants charged or convicted of a criminal offense. Along with successfully representing immigrants charged with violent crimes, theft offenses and drug charges, he has had extraordinary success vacating or modifying convictions for immigrants facing denial of naturalization or deportation based upon a conviction.
Mr. Pullara is actively involved in the Southern California legal community. He was appointed by the Santa Monica City Council as a Commissioner for the City of Santa Monica Social Service Commission where he served as Vice-Chair. Mr. Pullara donated his time and legal expertise to the First AME Church and the former California non-profit Westside Legal Services.
His clients include individuals from every walk of life. However, many high profile individuals have sought Mr. Pullara’s representation, including: the former mayor of a Southern California city, a former Chief of Police, entertainment executives, international musicians, and celebrities of television and motion pictures. Mr. Pullara has also represented people within the criminal justice system such as Los Angeles Superior Court employees, Los Angeles police officers, firefighters, Los Angeles deputy sheriffs, and Los Angeles County probation officers.
In the area of Criminal Defense Mr. Pullara was selected as a Southern California Super Lawyer in 2009, 2011, and 2014-2020. He was also selected as a Rising Star in the area of Criminal Defense for 2005, 2006 and 2007. Mr. Pullara has been recognized as a member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers. Mr. Pullara has provided continuing legal education and lectured other lawyers regarding the subject of criminal immigration law.
Areas Of Practice
- Supreme Court of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2002
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor - 1993
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1989
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Criminal Courts Bar Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Los Angeles County Bar, Criminal Law Section
- Los Angeles World Affairs Council
- State Bar of California, Criminal Law Section
- Saint Thomas More Law Society, Member of Advisory Committee
- Town Hall Los Angeles
- National Lawyers Guild